Monday, November 3, 2008

Don't worry God can always do it again!

Lamentations is a book of great despair but in all this the Prophet(probably Jeremiah) who wrote it still remembered God, how awesome and merciful he truly is.
Lamentations 3:20-26
My soul still remembers and sinks within me. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him! The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:55-57
I called on Your name, O Lord, From the lowest pit. You have heard my voice: " Do not hide your ear from my sighing, from my cry for help." You drew near on the day I called on you ; and said, "Do not fear!"

Always remember that if the Lord has provided and brought you from the lows of life once, all you have to do is sing "Hallelujah, You're alive in me today!" and he will do it again! Don't worry about circumstances don't worry about problems that occur; because we serve an Almighty God who hears our voice who wants to provide for us we should not worry. We have had much favor with God and he loves us greatly he loves us because we have much faith in him, my question to you today is why have we relied on God before and rebuked Satan with faith but in these days you see the situation with cloudy eyes and allow the enemy to come in like a thief and steal that of which God loves about us so dearly!DO NOT FEAR! Just as God asked Elijah in 1Kings 19:13 what he was doing in the cave and why he ran and why he was so distraught God is asking you "have I not provided before?" just as Elijah was strengthened by God we can also, we may not have an army waiting to take back the land but we do have friends and family to lean on and give Godly council. Take ahold of that council and run with the promise of God! Run with swift feet and not looking back at numbers and figures or situations and circumstances, look to God and his righteousness and his never ending grace.
Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the Glory which shall be revealed in us" take these words and use them like a sword cutting down the works of the enemy and hold onto the promise of God.

2 comments:

Chris Woy said...

Good Job Charles! I love the post

Emily said...

You're so cool, you even wear lilac shirts.


Seriously though, good word.